Saturday, August 27, 2016

Review: The Silence of the Lambs

The Silence of the Lambs The Silence of the Lambs by Thomas Harris
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This was a really fun book ... if you can call a book about a serial killer making a suit out of women "fun." I read this book as a reference for The Story Grid by Shawn Coyne. Shawn breaks down The Silence of the Lambs to illustrate how he (as an editor) edits book. So, for me, this book was doing double-duty. Not only was it informative from an educational standpoint, but it was entertaining as well. Of course, it must be, it's one of the best book-to-movie translations I've seen in a long time. Having seen the movie, I was prepared for everything in the book, but I still wanted to read more to discover what would happen next ... and how.

View all my reviews