Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Review: The Final Empire

The Final Empire The Final Empire by Brandon Sanderson
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I'll keep the three star review. This book was above average. I tried to read it once, years before, and made it about half-way through before putting it down. At the time I felt that nothing was happening. I could classify the book as one long training montage. By the end, however, I can honestly say I was not expecting everything that happened to happen. There were moments toward the end where I felt a little cheated, but overall the ending was satisfactory. That's the most we should ever ask. I'm not sure I'll get to the second book in the series right away, but I am intrigued to discover how the loose ends from this book will be tied together in future novels. Overall, good read. I'd recommend it.

View all my reviews