Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Review: Redshirts

Redshirts Redshirts by John Scalzi
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

It isn't often I find a book that grabs me and won't let go. Redshirts certainly did just that. I understood the premise. I had an inkling of what was going to happen, and even thought I groaned when I realized what I thought was going to happen was actually what was happening, Scalzi's narrative was written in such a way that I couldn't help but continue reading. I was a little leery when the crew of the Intrepid started talking about space travel, and even more concerned when the narrative pulled me out of the world of the Universal Union and took me back to 2012. Scalzi was still capable of pulling of a decent ending despite seemingly resorting to the same methods of storytelling he seemed to be mocking. Overall, I enjoyed the novel and would recommend it.

View all my reviews